Online Backup - Overview
Most users avoid doing backup of important files until it?s too late. But even the traditional backup to an external tape/disk/holds is not very secure ? it can be lost, stolen during a theft or absorbed by a fire in flames.
The advantages of online backup is not only in the regularity and automation of the backup process, but also in the backup location. The backup and restore of a notebook is therefore even possible on business trips.
- In-File Delta backup (backing up only changes within files)
- Support backing up of Windows NTFS access privileges, Linux access privileges and modes, Mac OS X metadata and resource forks
- Volume Shadow Copy backup (i.e. backing up files even when they are exclusively open, e.g. Outlook.pst)
- Customizable backup schedule allows backup to be scheduled at any time
- Increment backup strategy ensures that only new or updated files are sent to the backup server
- Compress and encrypt data automatically before sending them to the server (server stores only encrypted data)
- Access backup data anytime, anywhere by using a web browser.
- System activity report, showing all back- up system information, will be delivered to system administrator via email everyday
- Backup data are CRC validated before they are stored on server
- Fully user customizable data retention policy allows users to have access to deleted files using the least possible storage space on the backup server
- Select files to be backed up easily by using a backup filter, e.g. selecting all *.doc and *.xls in your computer in a single operation
- Run any custom OS commands before/after a backup job
- Full support of Microsoft Exchange individual email, contacts, calendars, tasks etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008R2, 2012 and 2014
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 (individual mailboxes) with a supplement
- IBM Lotus Domino / Notes from 5.0 (Windows only)
- Oracle from 8i
- MySQL from 3.2.4
1 Correspondence and Support
2 Manual (Electronic)
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2 (32bit and 64bit)
- Linux (Kernel 2.4 or newer)
- Novell NetWare 6.0 SP4/6.5 SP1 or newer
- Sun Solaris 2.x or newer
- Apple Mac OS X v10.3.4 or newer
- all other Platforms with Java 2 SDK above Standard Edition Version 1.5 support (FreeBSD, SCO Unix, IBM AIX, HP-UX)